The PJU collection, in the care of the Nederlands Fotomuseum in Rotterdam, was first activated by me in 2012. Below is an open ended chronology, from newest to older, of the activities and correspondences resulting from this activation so far.
To the right, or below if you are on a mobile device, you find links to audiovisual productions that were made by others in relation to Reframing PJU as an archive activation. Here the chronology is from oldest to more recent productions. For an overview of wider audio visual productions which relate to the research project please visit this collection on Vimeo.
- 2021_Launch of 'Reframing PJU' website including a goodbye letter to Dr. Paul Julien, and a fictional text by Esther Kamara.
- 2021_Article in art historical journal ART/CLE.
- 2021_Writer and scholar Esther Kamara on Reframing PJU
- 2021_Bijlmair Residency (link Dutch only) & 9x12 podcast, Amsterdam Zuidoost, The Netherlands
- 2020_Presentation Orphans Film Festival, with Nico de Klerk
- 2020_Screenings Sierra Leone film & photographs, Gbaiima, Dambarra, Nengbema & workshop in Freetown, Sierra Leone
- 2020_Presentations symposium 'Telling our Tales Through Ambiguous Photography', Anglia Ruskin University, UK, & Fotodok Taferelen, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- 2020_Screening Batwa films & photographs, Rwamahano, Uganda
- 2019_Presentation on collective making as research method & introduction to Paul Julien at Fault Lines symposium, Royal Academy of Art, The Hague, The Netherlands
- 2019_a letter to Dr. Paul Julien, Publication in Trigger Magazine-Impact, Published by Fotomuseum Antwerp, Belgium
- 2019_Research workshop with students Royal Academy of Art, The Hague, The Netherlands
- 2019_Performance with The Grey Zone Zebra at Contour Biennale, Mechelen, Belgium
- 2019_NWO Grant through 'Idea Generator' funding, The Netherlands
- 2019_Screening of Ethiopian film & photographs for designers & photographers, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- 2018_Exhibition The Mix, Nederlands Fotomuseum, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- 2018_Continuation of research in teacher's research group of the Royal Academy of Art, The Hague, The Netherlands
- 2016_Exhibition 'The Mix', Limburgs Museum, Venlo, The Netherlands
- 2015_Exhibition 'Walking Between Houses', National Museum of Sudan, Khartoum
- 2015_screenings of Sudan materials & engagements with the story of Al Mahdi, Khartoum & Omdurman, Sudan
- 2014_Exhibition 'Liberia in 1932', Monrovia, National Museum of Liberia
- 2014_Contributions to column 'History & Us' in newspaper 'The Daily Observer', Liberia
- 2014_Screening Liberia materials for the Dokie family, Sanniquellie, Liberia
- 2013_Blog posts & Exhibition 'Much Has Changed', Noorderlicht Foto Festival, Groningen, The Netherlands
- 2012_Response to an Open Call, 'The Sequel', Noorderlicht Foto Festival, Groningen, The Netherlands